March 4, 2011

Crochet Toddler Beanie Pattern

As per my last post, this is where I left off on the 9th attempt at a toddler crochet beanie.



I have finally finished this beanie and it turned out great! It was the right size and looks quiet cute.
As I found it so hard to find this pattern I feel like I should share it with you all.
This is the website for the Original Pattern
I have altered it a little to my preferences so here is my version.
Hook size 6mm - adjust depending on what size your after.
Finished beanie approx. 17in diameter
Abbreviations
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
tr - treble crochet (video how-to)
hdc - half double crochet (video how-to)
st - stitch
sl st - slip stitch

Round 1: Magic circle. 8 dc in ring and pull closed. (If you do not know how to make a magic circle use this video, it's how I learnt)
Round 2: 2dc in each st around.Round 3: *Dc in next st, 2dc in next st*. Repeat * to * Join with sl st.
Round 4: *Dc in next 2st, 2dc in next st*. Repeat * to * Join with sl st.
Round 5: *Dc in next 3st, 2dc in next st*. Repeat * to * Join with sl st.
Round 6: *Dc in next 4st, 2dc in next st*. Repeat * to * Join with sl st.
Round 7: *Dc in next 11st, 2dc in next st*. Repeat * to * Join with sl st.
Round 8-12: Dc in each st around.
Round 13: *Hdc in next st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, dc in next st, 3tr in next st, dc in next st* Repeat * to * Joing with sl st.
Round 14: Sc in each st around. Sl st at beginning. Cut wool and sew in tail. Sew in all tails to complete.
Add flower or bow or leave plain. Bow and flower patterns are very easy to find on YouTube or online.



Red beanie is made with 4mm hook for newborn size.

2 comments:

  1. I love the red newborn beanie. So sweet. The flower is a nice addition :) Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete